ONW Now - Sophomore Edition

ONW NOW- Sophomore Edition


A good broadcast story, in my opinion, is a story that grasps the viewer’s attention and keeps it the whole story. To succeed at this, a direct plot with a solid beginning, middle and end and a main idea/claim are the two elements you need. While we were filming the live edition of ONW Now, I was an extra in the back. It is awesome how professional our little studio feels! There are so many elements to a new show. There are the tech crew in the booth, the anchors, the people controlling/helping with the teleprompter, and then the floaters who help with everything. I loved the teleprompter. I think that it is an awesome piece of equipment that we are so lucky to have! It gives our anchors the opportunity to feel as if they are in a real-world professional news show production. I wish I would have had an opportunity to work in the booth, and see how the sound people do their jobs. While we were filming the show, one of the desk prompter’s mics went out. She projected, so it wasn’t a huge deal. It just proves that things do go wrong! I was very proud of our whole class/team for catching onto their roles so quickly. Even though I am certain that I am not doing convergence next year, I loved filming day! It is a very fun environment, and watching our class’s version of ONW  Now showed us all that hard work really does pay off.

Comments