School Movie Trailer

School Movie Trailer





The trailer that my group chose to portray was The Breakfast Club. We wanted to portray the theme of "80s rebellion". Our group's main goals were to accurately cast the roles in our piece and get our shots as accurately as possible. We started with pre-production, which we knocked out in two days. Each group member did a different part. I did the beat/sequence sheet, one member storyboarded, one member wrote out the script and costumes, and so on and so on. We began filming before any of the other groups, but we were also the last group to finish.. because we never did. There is a theme within my blogs... my videos are all pretty good quality but they are never finished. Anyways, our entire group got together with our actors and filmed after school in the library. We planned on knocking the entire video out in one day, but mid video, our camera fell off of the tripod and broke. After that day, none of our actors were available at the same time. Therefore, we couldn't finish our video. We edited as we went along. As for post production, Alex edited most of it, but I helped him sequence and if he wasn't sure if something looked okay I would give him my two-sense. My role in the video was a little bit of everything. I gained a newfound confidence in video with this project because I helped direct some of it and I think they used a couple of my ideas :) I didn't really learn anything NEW for this project software-wise, but I learned that sometimes you have to work with what you have. As for the five guarantees of filming, I didn't learn anything technically, except for how a boom mic works. Our group was very very good at communicating; we had a group chat and actively checked up on how the film was progressing. We were all equally leaders, I think personally. We were all 100% a part of discussions and production. Lastly, our project management was great because we finished our pre-production work early and we edited as we got clips finished. Something I would have done differently is not breaking the camera! Also, asking our actors about their schedule before we pick them to be in our video. If the camera wouldn't have broken, I wouldn't change anything! Our actors were amazing and our plan was set up to be golden. Unfortunately, our actors had busy schedules. The biggest "oopsie" we made was not checking our actors' schedules. Always look out for people who are available over people who look perfect for the part.

Comments