Typography

Typography


My Work


























Pre Production

Most of my projects I like to plan out ahead of time. By this, I mean that I like to sketch them out and then start designing them on the computer after I know exactly what I want to do. For this project, I began by browsing and downloading fonts on DaFont to get an idea of what I wanted to use in my project. After I gathered a bunch of fonts I loved, I began to work. My favorite font on DaFont is called "Autumn Moon." As for finding quotes, I had a bunch I liked that I had written out on a Google Doc, but I only ended up using two from the Google Doc because I found others randomly on Pinterest that I liked even more. I didn't sketch that much out because I found it difficult to draw out the same fonts that I found on the internet on paper.

Production

I had a generally easy time putting all of my ideas into illustrator. I am starting to get very familiar with all of the tools. Something I did notice about my layouts was that they all are arranged the same way: text in the center with a graphic/s surrounding it. I didn't really notice it until after I was finished. When we were designing in black and white, I was in love with my "the bee's knees" graphic! I was excited to begin adding color until I started adding color. It didn't turn out nearly as cute as I envisioned it to be. It is very plain next to the other designs because I couldn't find any colors that both went with the yellow I wanted to use and connotated with "bumblebee."  I used the outer glow effect on my Rewrite the Stars quote which is something I hadn't done previously. Overall, I preferred working in color because it made my designs feel more complete.

Post Production

Overall I am happy with my designs. I wish that I would have gone out of my comfort zone when arranging my text by adding dramatic size differences and changing the general shape of my design (maybe into a circle or something). I don't hate any of them though! 







Comments