1 in 2000


1 in 2000

I think that the two biggest elements one may need to create a successful feature story are steady sequencing and corresponding visuals and audio. When we were critiquing our classmate's work, I tended to like the feature's that had a nice flow with voice-overs that corresponded to the work being shown.




For my group's story, we decided to film Jaden, a sophomore in our class. Jaden participates in many clubs and has good morals and a good heart, so we decided he would be a good choice. I particularly focused in on the legacy Jaden wants to leave behind while at and after he leaves ONW.

Our group decided not to storyboard because we didn't think we needed to. Luckily my group and I were on the same page idea-wise a majority of the time, so it was not too difficult to brainstorm and agree. I believe that we are all still getting used to these cameras and so our scheduling was way off; we filmed our first day and it went perfectly!- until we realized our sound didn't work. You couldn't hear anything, and so after that, we wasted some time emailing teachers asking if they could help us and let us interview them. We could never work out a time. That was why our time was wasted. The issue with my video was a dramatic lack of B-Roll and interviewing a teacher would have very much helped fill time.

I think my editing is not the worst! I didn't have enough to work with and that is why nothing seemed to go perfectly throughout the entire project. Our group may have been on the same wavelength in relation to ideas, but in relation to time, we were all over the place. We could never decide on times to film and do stuff. I learned that you can never have enough b-roll. We did not have enough whatsoever which was a big problem. For this project, it was essential to ask others for media. I needed extra videos from teachers and even youtube. SO, something I would do differently next time is MAKE SURE I HAVE ENOUGH FOOTAGE!!!!

But technically, I learned how to crop videos in premier and cover video with other video and sound to more effectively get my point across. In the end, this project definitely wasn't the best and so it can only go up from here.

Comments